Gasse 5, 39319 Jerichow OT Klietznick
It is normal that we as individuals move during the course of our lives, but the relocation of an entire village is rather rare. This is however the case of the village of Heydebleck, population 82, in 1791. Because flooding of the river Elbe threatened the village regularly, the houses were demolished and village was relocated to the former Jerichow Estate in Klietznick. Today, the House Heydebleck and a stone marker 400 m north of Königsbusch serve as reminders of the fate of the village and its inhabitants. The downfall of the village can be explored here in the village town hall.