39319 Jerichow, OT Neuenklitsche
After it was completely destroyed by fire, master builders from the Jerichow Monastery rebuilt the village church in Neuenklitsche between 1371 and 1375. The late romanesque church contains Gothic elements on the west tower and in the rectangular choir. In the presbytery there is a grouping of three pointed-arch windows and along the sides of the church there are bricked arches and openings. In 1902, the church tower was rebuilt in the neo-Gothic style after damage due to a fire. Elements of the original Romanesque architecture can be found in the rounded arch portal and rounded arch windows in the western wing of the nave, the pilaster strips on the outside walls, as well as the decorated frieze and the sandstone baptismal font. In addition to several tombs with figurines, a plaque commemorates Friedrich Karl von Kattes’s foray against Napoleon in 1809.