Berliner Chaussee, 39307 Genthin
Located on the eastern outskirts of Genthin and built in 1884, the school is the oldest in the city. It features rounded arches in the style of the Schinkel School giving it a late classical character and setting it apart from all other public buildings in the city. The building consists of one wing, which is accented by projections with gable roofs. Typical for the times and location, exposed brick was chosen for the façade. The splendid original façade, decorated with frames, cornices and friezes, remains virtually unchanged. The school first functioned as a high school, followed in 1890 as a training school for future teachers and later as an agricultural winter school.