Dorfstraße, 39319 Jerichow, OT Karow
Karow Estate: The Karow Estate is the last remaining estate from the three which once made up the city of Karow. It includes a manor house, a farmhouse, a distillery, a former cattle barn and a 20 acre park. The horseshoe-shaped Italian Baroque manor house was originally built in 1710 and was partially demolished and rebuilt in the mid-1950’s. The building then served as a school until 1999 and in 2005 returned to private ownership. Today the house is used partially as a day-care centre. The Karow Estate has been the headquarters of the Imperial Count of Wartenslebe since 1774. The farmhouse served as the administrative building from 1810 and later as the residence of the count and his family.