Genthiner Straße, 39307 Genthin, OT Parchen
The strikingly crafted pylon, erected in 1920 to honour the fallen of the First World War, stands in the northwestern area of the park. The memorial was created to honour not only commanders and officers, but also normal soldiers. This concept emerged from the French Revolution and subsequent Napoleonic Wars due to the effect military conscription had on large portions of the population. For relatives and the general public, the memorial in Parchen acts as a remembrance to the sacrifice of the fallen.