Hasenholztrifft, 39307 Genthin
The cemetery in Genthin-Altplathow remains one of the last graveyards dedicated to the dead foreign workers of the Silva factories in Genthin Forest, the prisoners of the Ravensbrück concentration camp and forced laborers from the county of Genthin. Around 70 people are buried here including some children and newborns. The memorial, built between 1946 and 1948, has individual graves and is surrounded by bricked stilts. A concrete platform stands at the center of the site and displays a foundation that contains the names of all the victims on bronze signs. Initially an obelisk, 4.5 meter high, stood on top of the foundation, but it was removed in the 1970s.