Geschw.-Scholl-Str./Martha-Brautzsch-Str., 39307 Genthin
Boats from the region as well as boats from other countries stop at the marina. Built between 2003 and 2004 with funds from the EU as part of a regional economic improvement package, the marina lies directly on the Elbe-Havel Canal. The canal connects the Elbe River at the city of Niegripp and the Havel River at the city of Plaue. The 56 kilometre canal, previously known as the Plauer Canal, was commissioned by Frederick the Great and built between 1743 and 1745. Commercial ships, pleasure boats and river excursion tour boats use the canal today. With the construction of a new waterway intersection in Magdeburg, many tourists travelling between Berlin and Potsdam visit the city of Genthin.